Can you download kik for pc?
Yes, you can. We have written this guide to help you download Kik for windows & mac pc.
|Version||3.1 (Windows PC)|
|Compatible||Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10|
|Requirement||2 GB RAM, Dual-Core Processor|
|Security||Tested & Verified|
Kik messenger originally launched in 2010 designed by Kik Interactive (a Canadian company). It’s available to download on iOS and non-iOS devices.
The app allows its users to chat with one another without disclosing their contact numbers. Meaning, you just need a username and email id to sign up on Kik messenger. Due to the utmost privacy and convenience, Kik messenger had 7.2 million active users per month in 2019. Let’s discuss other features of this app below.
Features of Kik Messenger Online
Not so different
Just like any other messaging app, Kik offers live typing feature, which allows a user to see whether a person is replying to his/her messages or not. Apart from this, the app shows when the message is sent and received by another user.
Kik comes out with new updates every few months. ‘Meet new people’ is one of them. This feature allows you to join public groups based on your interests. And yes, it’s totally safe.
Users has a unique QR code through which they can find and invite others to the app. This code can be accessed through the app settings. If you want to add a user, click on ‘Search icon’-> click ‘Scan people’-> click ‘Scan a Kik code’. Make sure to give Kik access to your camera to scan the code.
They are very popular these days. To jump in the game, Kik allows up to 49 people to be a part of the group chat. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a public or private group. If you are a fan of video calls, Kik allows up to 6 people to enjoy a private chat. You can easily leave the chat if need be.
To target the teen population, Kik has its own bot shop. If you don’t have anyone to chat with, you can freely interact with bots, find fashion tips, take quizzes, etc. Bots will also assist you to meet new people.
Methods to Download Kik for PC
Of course. Initially, Kik was designed to work on smartphones, but you can install Kik Messenger for Windows pc as well. It will offer the same features as on the app. You need the help of the Android Emulator to install Kik on PC. It’s a software, which creates a virtual setup to emulate an Android device on the PC.
Download Kik for Windows (Using Bluestacks)
One of the best Android Emulator in the market is Bluestacks. It is a free version that has a reliable interface. Let’s understand the process in detail to download.
Once you have downloaded Bluestacks, it’s time to install the emulator via the following steps-
- Checkout the folder that has the Bluestacks file.
- To proceed, double-tap on the download file.
- When the installation wizard pops up, follow the instructions.
Once the Android Emulator is installed on your PC, It’s time to launch it. Here are the steps-
- Click on the Bluestacks icon on your desktop.
- If you are unable to locate the icon, go to the search box and type ‘Bluestacks’.
- Open the app to launch the software.
Now, you need to download Kik apk file to get Kik for PC. Once that is done, let’s proceed to launch and login Kik.
- In the file manager folder, find the Kik .APK file.
- Double-tap on the file and wait for some time.
- Bluestacks will launch and automatically run the Kik messenger.
It’s quite possible that the double-tap feature may not work. In such a scenario, please follow the below steps-
- Right-click on the Kik APK file and click ‘Open with’.
- A new window will open and you can select ‘Bluestacks’ from the listed options.
- Tap ‘Ok’ to install Kik on the PC.
- Now, you can open and sign-up on the app.
If you are getting stuck somewhere in the process. Check out this video tutorial to install kik for windows:
2nd Method to Use Kik for PC (Using Manymo Online)
There is another option to install Kik messenger for PC, which doesn’t require you to install an Android Emulator. If for some reason you are interested in this process, please follow the below steps –
- You can use an online emulator- Manymo. Create an account to log in.
- In the top navigation, click on the ‘Launch Emulator’ button.
- You will be greeted with a message- launch emulator with URL or app. Choose ‘Launch with an app’.
- Go to the folder, which houses the Kik APK file.
- It will take a few seconds to open the app on your browser.
- Login kik online and chat with your friends.
Kik is a reliable and privacy-conscious messenger, which allows its users to carry out their virtual social interactions without giving any trouble. If you wish to install kik for Windows PC, just follow the above-listed options. They are completely safe and will allow you to get the same experience as on the smartphone. Do give it a try. You will not be disappointed.